Junior Field Engineer
EllisDon is a global construction services company that cares about only three things: maximizing the success of our clients, creating terrific opportunities for our employees, and demonstrating innovative leadership within our company. We have a fifty-eight year history of building and operating by a unique set of values: mutual trust, entrepreneurialism, and execution.
We believe it is through choice that people take advantage of the opportunities at EllisDon. We are a company focused on continually searching out opportunities to make a difference, to become stronger, to stay a leader.
- As a member of the Project Site Team, your duties include being able to perform layout work competently and accurately.
- Provide technical interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
- Coordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required by the contract.
- Follow up on deficiency lists, assist with scheduling and coordinating subtrades.
- Order construction material and equipment on a daily basis.
- Monitor installation of rebar for conformance to structural drawings.
- Review shop drawings for conformance with the contract and ensure information is communicated to foreman and superintendent.
- Take progress photographs and damage/condition photographs.
- Perform workforce counts.
- Assembly of Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Follow-up on deficiency lists, scheduling and coordinating subtrades.
- Ordering construction material and equipment.
- General assistance in site supervision.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational and experience requirements include a two year education beyond high school or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience and a minimum of five to ten years construction engineering and layout experience.
- Full working knowledge of surveying techniques, equipment standards and procedures is necessary.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and develop as-builts.
4. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others a must. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
EllisDon is an Equal Opportunity Employer