Feb 28, 2018

EllisDon to Acquire Certain Canadian Assets of Carillion

Mississauga, Ontario (February 28, 2018) – EllisDon Corporation (“EllisDon”) and Carillion Canada Holdings Incorporated (“Carillion”) announce that they have entered into an agreement pursuant to which EllisDon will acquire certain assets and assume certain liabilities related to Carillion’s Canadian operations.

Under the transaction, EllisDon will acquire 70% of the issued and outstanding shares of four entities, of which EllisDon owns the remaining 30%. These entities comprise Carillion Services (ROH) Inc., Carillion EllisDon Services (NOH) Inc., Carillion Services (WOHC) Inc., and Carillion EllisDon Services (Sault) Inc. EllisDon will thereby become the sole service provider on behalf of Royal Ottawa Hospital, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, William Osler Health System, and Sault Area Hospital. EllisDon, through an affiliate, will also acquire 50% of the issued and outstanding shares of The Healthcare Infrastructure Company of Canada (ROH) Inc. of which EllisDon’s affiliate owns the remaining 50%.

The transaction is subject to the parties entering into a definitive purchase agreement which will contain customary closing conditions, including approval by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (the “Court”) in Carillion Canada’s proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada) (the “CCAA Proceedings”), and other applicable approvals and consents, and is expected to close in April 2018.

"EllisDon has been paying particular attention to these hospitals which we built and provided services and equity as joint venture partners," said Ashley Richardson, Managing Director, EllisDon Facilities Services Inc. "In moving to full ownership from partial ownership of these corporations, EllisDon is confident in delivering results that provide continuity of service to the hospitals, the patients they serve, and of employment for the workforces serving them, and for the debt and equity providers to these projects."

Simon Buttery, President and CEO of Carillion Canada, said “This transaction will provide certainty and stability for the clients we work for and the customers we serve in these hospitals, as well as for our partners and other stakeholders. We are pleased to have reached an agreement with our partner, and to have made further progress with the restructuring of the Carillion assets in Canada.”

Read the full press release HERE