A meaningful career
We believe in hiring the person and not the qualifications because the right person will achieve more and go farther than any set of qualifications can ever predict. We do our best to find the right people and give them a place where they are trusted to lead, free to decide the best way to do things, and properly recognized for their work.
We all want to love it here enough to stay until retirement. To make sure that happens, almost everything we do is geared towards building a culture that delivers long-lasting and meaningful careers.
This is why EllisDon will be your next and last career move
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us from our competitors, and will continue to be the driving force of our entrepreneurial enthusiasm for years to come. This is why it's essential that we continuously improve, learn and evolve.
We have a dedicated Talent Development Team, whose sole focus is to enable you to be the best at what you love doing - to be recognized both internally and externally as experts in your field.
Internally you have an opportunity to learn and develop your career through two streams:
- SkillED (technical skills) - to create transferable technical abilities that reflect EllisDon's best practices.
- EmpowerED (leadership skills) - to provide practical and leadership strategies for all types of leaders.
Need a bit more convincing?
- We augment employee compensation with significant profit sharing and we’re entirely owned by our employees, who acquire additional shares annually
- Comprehensive world-class employer paid benefits program (Health, Dental and Vision Care, maternal top up, education reimbursement, EAP program and more)
- Pension Savings Matching program
We are not making this up; we have awards to support our claims
- Aon Hewitt’s “Best Employer in Canada” for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte’s “50 Best Managed Companies” (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- “Most Admired Corporate Cultures” by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post’s Ten Best Companies to work for.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)