Jun 27, 2020
Client: Al Salwa Investment LLC
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contract: Intelligent Building Technical Review & Consultancy Services
Size: 1,068,000 sq. ft.
ICD-Brookfield Place in Dubai is a 55-story office building located in the Dubai International Financial Centre and is currently being constructed by joint venture partners Investment Corporation Dubai and Brookfield Properties.
Phase I: Intelligent Building Roadmap
During the early stages of construction, EllisDon Energy & Digital Services (E&DS) was retained by ICD-Brookfield to perform an Intelligent Building drawing and specification review to ensure the intended design followed Intelligent Building guidelines. E&DS executed a scope of work that included:
- Identifying gaps and opportunities in the design.
- Designing the Converged Digital Infrastructure Network.
- Developing various integration map options and recommending a preferred design.
- Ensuring system protocols and integration compatibility.
- Developing a Centralized Management Platform approach.
- Providing instructions on execution requirements of the Roadmap deliverables.
Throughout the process, E&DS worked closely with ICD-Brookfield and the various design consultants to execute the scope of work. At the conclusion of the engagement, E&DS published the Intelligent Building Roadmap for ICD-Brookfield Place.
Phase II: Building Integration System Consultant
E&DS was competitively selected by ICD-Brookfield to be the project’s Building Integration System Consultant. Under this engagement, E&DS is executing the following scope of work:
- Final building specification and design review.
- Oversight and management of the Converged Network (Active Components) RFP development, procurement, and installation.
- Cabling installation management.
- Oversight and management of the Centralized Management Platform RFP development, procurement, and installation.
- Professional services to facilitate the building systems integration.
- Testing all IP-based systems in integrated mode.
- Use-Case development and deployment.
- Tenant Design Guide review.
- Cyber security program development.
In order to execute the scope of work, E&DS has deployed an on-site project resource (i.e. a Master Technology Integrator) as well as the relevant subject matter experts from the greater E&DS team.
Phase III: Procure and Install the Converged Network (Active Components)
E&DS was competitively selected by ICD-Brookfield to procure and install the Converged Network (Active Components). Under this engagement, E&DS is executing the following scope of work:
- Finalization of the bill of quantities.
- Scheduled procurement of gear.
- Development and finalization of the patching schedule.
- Configuration and installation of the Active Network.
- Testing and commissioning of the Active Network.
The Active Network elements include:
- A hypervisor server and storage solution.
- A network management system.
- A security and information management system.
- A wireless solution, including a controller, a redundant controller, and all base-building access points.
- A VoIP system.
In order to execute the scope of work, E&DS has deployed an on-site project resource, Master Technology Integrator, as well as the relevant subject matter experts from the greater E&DS team. The project is proceeding as per the construction schedule and on budget.