The 40th Avenue and Highway 2 Interchange project involves the construction and widening of four bridges on the south side of the City of Airdrie. The project will execute the construction of three new bridges and the widening of
The three new bridges will consist of:
• A culvert bridge;
• The Main Street bridge; and
• The Canadian Pacific Railway bridge East.
The existing bridge which will be widened is the Canadian Pacific Railway bridge West.
Along with the bridge construction, the project will involve:
• Moving, importing, placing and compacting over 500,000 cubic metres of clean fill;
• Installing four sets of traffic signals; and
• Placing over 32,000 tonnes of asphalt.