Al Salwa Investment LLC
1,068,000 sq. ft.
In joint venture, Investment Corporation Dubai (“ICD”) and Brookfield Properties constructed the ICD-Brookfield Place, which is a 55-storey office building located in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Phase 1- Intelligent Building Roadmap
During the early stages of construction, EllisDon Energy & Digital Services (“E&DS”) was retained by ICD-Brookfield to perform an Intelligent Building drawing and specification review in order to ensure the intended design followed the guidelines of an Intelligent Building and produce an Intelligent Building for ICD-Brookfield Place. E&DS executed a scope of work that included:
- Identifying gaps/opportunities in the design;
- Designing the Converged Digital Infrastructure Network;
- Developing various integration map options and recommending a preferred design;
- Ensuring system protocols and integration compatibility;
- Developing a Centralized Management Platform approach; and,
- Providing instructions on execution requirements of the Roadmap deliverables.
Throughout the process, E&DS worked closely with ICD-Brookfield and the various design consultants to execute the scope of work. At the conclusion of the engagement, E&DS published the Intelligent Building Roadmap for ICD Brookfield Place.
Phase Ii - Building Integration System Consultant
E&DS was competitively selected by ICD-Brookfield to be the project’s Building Integration System Consultant. Under this engagement, E&DS is executing the following scope of work:
- Final building specification/design review;
- Oversight and management of the Converged Network (Active Components) RFP development, procurement and installation;
- Cabling installation management;
- Oversight and management of the Centralized Management Platform RFP development, procurement and installation;
- Professional services to facilitate the building systems integration;
- Test all IP-based systems in integrated mode;
- Use-Case development and deployment;
- Tenant Design Guide review; and,
- Cyber security program development.
In order to execute the scope of work, E&DS has deployed an on-site project resource (i.e. a Master Technology Integrator) as well as the relevant subject matter experts from the greater E&DS team. The project is proceeding per the construction schedule and on budget.
Phase Iii - Procure And Install The Converged Network (Active Components)
E&DS was competitively selected by ICD-Brookfield to procure and install the Converged Network (Active Components). Under this engagement, E&DS is executing the following scope of work:
- Finalization of the bill of quantities;
- Scheduled procurement of gear;
- Development and finalization of the patching schedule;
- Configuration and installation of the Active Network; and,
- Testing and commissioning of the Active Network.
The Active Network elements include:
- A hypervisor server and storage solution;
- A network management system;
- A security and information management system;
- A wireless solution (including a controller, a redundant controller, and all base-building access points); and,
- A VoIP system.
In order to execute the scope of work, E&DS has deployed an on-site project resource, Master Technology Integrator, as well as the relevant subject matter experts from the greater E&DS team. The project is proceeding per the construction schedule and on budget.