Feb 05, 2021
COVID-19 2021 Health and Safety Protocols
As COVID-19 continues to evolve, so do our protocols. We continue to look to our health authorities and governments for guidance on best practices, and we have expanded our measures in order to provide the safest possible working environment.
Here is what we are doing to keep our people safe:
- We have embraced and implemented the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Pilot project in Ontario. We are also proactively expanding rapid testing to more job sites, and moving from voluntary to mandatory screening as an enhanced measure to keep employees and workers safe while remaining operational. Click HERE to learn more.
- Effective immediately, we are enhancing our protocols on observed social factors on and around all our work locations which apply to all EllisDon Employees and everyone working at one of our locations. Please click HERE to read for more information about these enhanced measures from Steve Chaplin, Vice President Health, Safety & Environment, EllisDon.
- We are fully abiding by the new Toronto Public Health Instructions for Workplaces. Please click HERE to read the new instructions from Toronto Public Health.
- Effective January 11th, 2021 all non-medical face coverings/neck gaiters must meet the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) guidelines. Face coverings/neck gaiters must be made of three layers of fabric. Single-layer gaiters and masks will not be permitted. Anyone trying to enter one of our work locations as of Jan 11, 2021, without a compliant three-layer face covering will be refused access.
EllisDon continues to implement and enforce the strictest regiment of precautionary measures, guided by Public Health and other leading health authorities, which include:
- Pre-site admittance health screening including thermal temperature check.
- Physical distance requirements.
- Enhanced hygiene measures.
- Restrictions on the number of workers in hoists, limiting the number of individuals in gatherings, and staggering breaks and schedules.
- Mandatory wearing of a mask on site, at all times.
- Daily communication with sub-trades reinforcing mandatory compliance with all COVID-19 related safety measures and precautions.
- Increased cleaning schedule for all areas with 3rd party specialty cleaners.
- Educational posters and signage throughout the jobsite listing COVID-19 precautions and measures.
- Increased numbers of sanitizing stations.
- Third-party specialty cleaners.
- One way directional signage.