EllisDon Finalizes Deal to Acquire Canadian Assets of Carillion

EllisDon Corporation (“EllisDon”) and Carillion Canada Holdings Incorporated (“Carillion”) have finalized an agreement in which EllisDon will acquire certain assets and assume certain liabilities related to Carillion’s Canadian operations.Under the transaction, EllisDon has acquired 70% of the issued and outstanding shares of four entities, of which EllisDon had already owned the remaining 30%, giving them 100% share ownership. These entities comprise Carillion Services (ROH) Inc., Carillion EllisDon Services (NOH) Inc., Carillion Services (WOHC) Inc., and Carillion EllisDon Services (Sault) Inc. EllisDon is now the sole service provider on behalf of Royal Ottawa Hospital, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, William Osler Health System, and Sault Area Hospital.

"In moving to full ownership of these corporations, EllisDon is confident in delivering results that provide continuity of service to the hospitals, the patients they serve, and of employment for the workforces serving them," said Ashley Richardson, Managing Director, EllisDon Facilities Services Inc. "We are very pleased to have finalized the agreement."EllisDon, through an affiliate, has also acquired 50% of the issued and outstanding shares of The Healthcare Infrastructure Company of Canada (ROH) Inc. of which EllisDon’s affiliate owns the remaining 50%.

The transaction has been approved by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Carillion Canada’s proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada), and has received other necessary applicable approvals and consents.Read the full press release HERE