EllisDon Recognizes World Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day is in its 75th year, founded by the World Federation for Mental Health. It’s a day dedicated to raising awareness of mental health issues across the world and mobilizing our shared efforts to make mental health care accessible and available to people worldwide.
The theme for this year is “Mental Health is a Universal Right.”
What does that mean?
It means that mental health should be regarded as a basic human right for everyone around the world. Everyone should retain the right to be protected from known harms to mental health, the right to access quality mental health care, and the right to freedom, dignity, and inclusion in the community.
In our industry, stigma against mental health remains, and access to support is not always easy to find.
To combat this, we remain committed to collaborating within our industry to bring awareness, education, and positive change, and we continue to expand our internal resources so we can best support our employees.
EllisDon understands the importance of recognizing this day, and we remain dedicated to supporting our workforce and our community in raising awareness and creating an environment that is free of bias, stigma and prejudice against mental health.
There are several ways you can honour this day for yourself and your community:
- Check in on a family member or friend
- Read more about mental health conditions and available resources: https://camh.ca/en/today-campaign/help-and-resources
- Ask for help if you need it. Some important resources.
- Suicide Support: https://talksuicide.ca/
- LGBTQ2S+: https://itgetsbettercanada.org/ ; https://translifeline.org/hotline/
- Black Health Allegiance: https://blackhealthalliance.ca/
- Indigenous Peoples: https://wmhdofficial.com/
Visit the World Federation for Mental Health for more information, resources and global events honouring this day:https://wmhdofficial.com/