EllisDon Wins Three CCPPP 2022 National Awards for Innovation and Excellence in P3s
Mississauga, ON — EllisDon has been presented with three 2022 National Awards for Innovation and Excellence in P3s, hosted by the Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships (CCPPP).
The following construction projects received the awards:
· The Royal Inland Hospital, Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Tower, won the Infrastructure - Award of Merit
· The Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital won the Service Delivery - Award of Merit
· Highway 7 West Bus Rapid Transit won the Infrastructure - Silver Award
Projects awarded by the CCPPP are chosen for how they showcase Canadian excellence and innovation in public-private partnerships, project financing, service delivery, infrastructure investment and the generation of economic benefit, which result in enhanced quality of public services and facilities.
“To be recognized for our work once by the CCPPP is an immense honour, let alone three times,” said Joey Comeau, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, EllisDon Capital. “All three of these projects showcase how EllisDon is continuing to adapt and refine the ‘made-in-Canada’ P3 model to create, deliver, operate and maintain innovative and transformative infrastructure for our communities.”
To learn more about the CCPPP National Awards, click here.
The Royal Inland Hospital, Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Tower, Kamloops, BC
· Partners on the project included Infrastructure BC, Interior Health Authority, and EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare
· $417-million, 300,000 sq. foot patient care tower houses new clinical, administrative and support spaces, including a surgical suite and neonatal intensive care unit serving 220,000 residents
· The project used a DBFM model with a construction management agreement, resulting in an estimated savings of $64 million
· EllisDon completed the project on time and within budget despite several extraordinary impacts caused by the pandemic, wildfires and extensive flooding caused by the 2021 atmospheric rivers
Highway 7 West Bus Rapid Transit, York Region, Ontario
· A collaboration between York Region Rapid Transit Corporation and EDCO (EllisDon Civil Ltd. and Green Infrastructure Partners Inc.)
· $333.2-million project delivered a 12.6-kilometre bus rapid transit (BRT) corridor in Vaughan and Richmond Hill, connecting to the 34-kilometre BRT network serving York Region’s growing urban centres
· The system includes the construction of 20 centre-median station platforms, a unique multi-use path on the Highway 7 bridge over Highway 400 and enhanced streetscaping.
· The corridor has provided residents and commuters with better connections, has decreased traffic collisions, and supported a significant boost in commercial and residential development
The Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, Oakville Ontario
· Partners on the Project included Infrastructure Ontario, Halton Healthcare Services Corp., Hospital Infrastructure Partners (Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corp. and Fengate Capital Management Ltd.)
· The $2-billion DBFM hospital project remains one of the largest infrastructure projects in Ontario.
· The LEED Gold facility, with 457 beds and shelled-in space to facilitate 602 beds by 2023, is equipped with multiple smart technology enhancements and opened on time and within budget
· EllisDon’s Facilities Services (EDFS) team stepped in at short notice and took over 100 per cent responsibility for the 30-year management of the hospital’s facilities and services after the global collapse of initial consortium partner Carillion Canada Inc.