Jun 27, 2020
Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project (TS)
Client: Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Size: 19.7 km
Value: $5.5 billion
- 2021 Canada’s Top 100 Biggest Infrastructure Projects, ReNew Canada.
- 2015 CCPPP National Awards for Innovation & Excellence—Gold Award for Project Financing.
- The IJ Global 2015 North American Rail Deal of the Year.
- 2016 Best Transit Project: Silver—American P3 Awards.
- 2016 Canada’s Largest P3 Contract—On-Site, Canada’s construction magazine.
- 2016 Project Financing: Gold Award—The Canadian Council for PPPs.
- 2015 Award for Planning Excellence—Canadian Institute of Planners.
- 2015 Visions and Master Plans: Award of Merit—Toronto Urban Design Awards.
- 2014 Transportation Project of the Year Award—Institute of Transport Engineers.
- 2013 Planning Excellence Merit Award—Canadian Institute of Planners.
Crosslinx Transit Solutions Maintenance (CTSM) is an equal partnership JV between ACS, AECON, EDFS, and SNC Lavalin. This partnership was formed to deliver comprehensive routine and lifecycle maintenance for vehicles, systems, and facilities on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT over a 30-year term. Vehicle maintenance will be done primarily at the Eglinton Maintenance and Storage Facility. In addition, end-of-line cleaning of trains will occur at Mount Dennis Station.
- Systems to receive maintenance include:
- Track—all tangent and special trackwork;
- Signals and Train Control—the Communications Based Train Control System, known as a train protection system, as well as Automatic Train Operation;
- Communications—a wide range of assets, including Voice and Data Radio, CCTV, Passenger Visual Information System, Integrated Communications System, and Telephony;
- Overhead Catenary System; and
- Traction Power.
- Notable facility assets to maintain include:
- Over 100 escalators and 50 elevators;
- Tunnel ventilation system; and
- Specialized industrial equipment.
- Facility maintenance includes:
- Custodial services;
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing services;
- Snow removal; and
In addition, CTSM will provide yard operations to facilitate the movement of trains into the maintenance shop and onto the mainline. CTSM will also provide comprehensive safety, security, environmental, quality, and cybersecurity plans to ensure the safety and integrity of the ECLRT. Proper maintenance and integration of these assets will occur over a 3-hour window each day to ensure transit customers can traverse from origin to destination safely and reliably.